22 Oct 2006

life is so beautiful and mysterious and what better way to celebrate life than to celebrate your own b'day. i love birthdays. they are so festive and joyous, especially my own.i don't like surprises but every year on my birthday someone or the other surprises me .. i tend to surprise myself too because on each birthday i learn something nice and new about myself that i like.
i believe that all of us are children of god and that itself makes us so special and i simply cannot understand when people say that 'it's not a big deal' when it comes to their birthdays.. of course it's a big deal. this is the day YOU were born.. this is the day your friends and parents were blessed with a special person who would change their life ...
every year on my birthday at midnight my friends call, my mom wishes me and in midst of all this i take a moment to wish myself for i am the most important person in my life and i deserve to wish myself all the happiness there can be. i also say a little prayer thanking Him for making the year that passed so wonderful. i also thank Him for the special people in my life for they have made my life more beautiful. i also feel that i should thank Him for myself.. because it is that which lies inside of me that makes me wonderful and special, that brought special people in to my life.. each year i think of the lessons that i have learnt and pray for more courage, more compassion and a little more hope.
happy birthday to me....

2 comments:

Tanis said...

Happy Birthday.....

Pixie said...

Yup!!! Birthdays are very special and you are a very special person who deserves all the Pleasant Surprises you get each year!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!